Watch THE CHARLOTTETOWN JACKHAMMER IMBROGLIO Best Scene:
NARRATOR – Holly Sarchfield
MISS WINDIG – Christina Santos
MAN – Geoff Mays
CLERK – Jarrid Terrell
MR. BLATT – David Occhipinti
Get to know writer Marc Lalonde:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Nothing. It’s a Swiss watch: sophisticated movements interlocking in an intricate mechanism.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Actors would enjoy making it, audiences would enjoy watching it.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
Uproariously unpredictable .
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
6. How many stories have you written?
I wrote a number of stories years ago, but they went nowhere, so, I hunkered down and became a translator.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
I wanted to see whether or not I could. And I was bored witless with translation. But now I’m back to being OK with it.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
This screenplay isn’t finished and I doubt it ever will be. I’ll always find something that needs fixing.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Passions are something you have when you’re young. When you get older, you’re just relieved to wake up in the morning.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The WILDsound Festival is Canadian. I’m Canadian. The script is Canadian and doesn’t hide its Canadianness. I figured the WILDsound Festival would be a great launch pad for The Charlottetown Jackhammer Imbroglio. As for the initial feedback, it made me tighten the script which became five pages shorter as a result. Lean and mean is good.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Read. Read. Read.
* * * * *
DEADLINE: Submit your best scene from your screenplay. Have it performed using professional actors:
WATCH the past best scene readings and see what happens when you submit: