Watch the poetry reading of UPON THAT OLD RUGGED CROSS
Poem performed by actor Dan Cristofori.
Read interview with poet Nicole Martin:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
That there is someone out there who loves them and is willing to give them as many chances as possible because He loves them. I want them to feel that presence of love and feel that tugging at their heart and just embrace it.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
For as long as I can remember. It came easy to me as a way of expressing myself through my writings than actually speaking them out loud.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
To be honest, I don’t really have a favorite
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I prayed about it and I felt like this was something I felt lead to do and it’s honestly the best decision I’ve made because I wasn’t looking for anything to come of it. I didn’t think anyone would actually like it and I am so thankful that people like it.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I have two books out. Home, and Free just came out recently and I write a lot, but I haven’t written anything other than blogs or motivational stuff on facebook.
7) What is your passion in life?
To be completely free from everything that has ever held me back in life. I want to bring a light to the world. I want to show them that there are still good people in this world. I want to be that flicker of light that they would need to keep them warm on a cold night. Or the light that guides in the darkness of the night. I want to be the light they see and are drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I want to glow and spread that light to those around me.