Watch Video Pitch for the Comedy TV PILOT “Almost Legit”
Interview with Ellen Schnur:
1. What is your story about?
Two madams who get tired of going to jail and decide to “go legit.”
2. Why should do people need to read/watch this story?
There is nothing else like this on TV. It is also female driven, which we need more of.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Gone With The Wind
5. What artists would you love to work with?
Kim Cattrel, Kirsty Alley, Doris Roberts, Betty White
6. How many stories have you written?
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Writing for my sitcom.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
No set routine or method. I try to write every day. When an idea hits me, I write it down. Currently working on 3 projects, so I go back and forth and work on each of them.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Making movies, acting, working with young writers and my family.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival?
To hear our words spoken and to get feedback on our work.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Just keep writing!
* * * * *
Deadline VIDEO PITCH FESTIVAL
– Submit your LOGLINE and we’ll make it into a video.
OR, Deadline VIDEO TREATMENT FESTIVAL
– Submit 1-5 Page Pitch and We’ll Make it into a Video.