Watch the Poetry Reading of CETACEAN:
Poetry performed by Steve Rizzo
Get to know poet Stephen J Jacobs:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme of CETACEAN is recognizing that humans may not be the only species capable of intelligence, emotional depth and spirituality.
I wanted to explore these concepts by trying to imagine the thoughts, feelings and connections to Mother Nature these wonderful non-human beings might have.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
I hope they would respond with compassion, appreciation and be more responsive in helping to protect these beautiful, but increasingly endangered species.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
Approximately 15 Years?
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
Many favorites, not one.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
WILDsound was kind enough to offer me a free logline entry and I noticed the poetry and other categories.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I also write short stories, feature length and short screenplays ( I have two “Best Screenplay Awards”) and lately I have been trying to write philosophy and am currently editing my first book.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion/s are Jazz, Science Fiction, Environmental causes, study and research. I am a professional musician, composer, arranger and writer. Please visit my company website at: http://www.greenleopard-inc.com for more info.
* * * *
DEADLINE: FREE POETRY Festival – Get your poem made into a MOVIE and seen by 1000s. Three options to submit:
WATCH last month’s poetry readings performed by professional actors: