Watch the Short Story Reading of MIDNIGHT MADNESS:
Story performed by Steve Rizzo:
Get to know writer JeryLyn Harrington:
1) What is the theme of your story?
Deception can be a powerful tool when used for the good of all. It can be both constructive and destructive. Watch madness come when a person deceives himself with his own need to control his own destiny.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your story reading?
I would like for the listener to become involved in the story. To feel the character’s own emotions as he’s pulled his ordeal.
3) How long have you been writing?
I have written short stories and journals from high school through college and all of my adult life. It was only during the early 1990s that I decided to write a full-length novel with ideas from some of these early college and high school journals.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
I don’t have a favorite poet. I don’t read a lot of poetry and consider myself more writer than poet.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your story performed by a professional actor?
It was through your email and my need to get outside readings and feedback on my works.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I have thought about a collection of short stories, but, at the present, I will finish the novels I have started to write and finish up the scripts for them.
7) What is your passion in life?
I love to read and get lost in the pages of a really good book and watch movies for my inspiration. And chocolate, of course!
* * * *
DEADLINE: FREE POETRY Festival – Get your poem made into a MOVIE and seen by 1000s. Three options to submit:
WATCH last month’s poetry readings performed by professional actors: