Watch Video Pitch for A CURRENT DECEPTION:
Buy the Novel on Amazon:
Go to the writer’s website:
Get to know writer Arleen Alleman:
1. What is your story about?
A freelance reporter and her family and friends board a cruise ship in Australia, only to find that it has been invaded by an infestation of yellow crazy ants, a foodborne pathogen, and a murderer intent on revenge for a 20 year old crime.
2. Why should people know about yourself and your story?
This story is the fifth installment of the Darcy Farthing Adventures. These novels are unique in that they are set in different world locations, include humanist themes, and tidbits of history, geography, and science, intertwined with the murder mystery.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
I began writing novels seven years ago after a career of writing nonfiction as an analyst with the Government Accountability Office.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. Who would you like to collaborate with on a creative project?
6. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
I am currently working on the 6th novel.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
I was inspired by travel on cruise ships and desire to write murder mysteries for fiction lovers who like thought provoking content along with entertainment.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
Brainstorming sessions work best for me. Relatively short frequent periods of writing with a lot of editing.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Health and fitness, reading, studying religious history, and travel.
10. What influenced you to have your story made into a video pitch?
To reach a wider audience for my work.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
It is best to write what you love, and because you love to write, and not with the expectation of financial success.