Watch the Poetry Performance Reading of UNDONE:
Poetry performed by actor Geoff Mays
Get to know poet Ruth Garnes:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme of my poem is to display strength and resilience in women.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch
your poetry reading?
I want them to recognize that we all have challenges but winners persevere.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I started writing poetry about 22 years ago. I relocated a month after marrying and as a way to cope with my friends and family being 2 thousand miles away, I started writing poetry to cope with the loss.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
I admire the accomplishments of Ntozake shange but my favorite poem is “little Lamb” by William Blake. I admire many poets
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry
performed by a professional actor?
I need my poetry to be heard and you offered a service, I felt would assist with promoting my writings.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I’ve written some short stories and dream of my poetry collection being a play as was the work of ntozake shange but have not written any script.
7) What is your passion in life?
love for family and my writings
* * * *
Deadline: FREE POETRY Festival – Get your poem made into a MOVIE and seen by 1000s. Three options to submit:
WATCH this month’s poetry readings performed by professional actors: