I finally got around to renting Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016, directed by Zack Snyder; image credits to Warner Brothers). Let me get my critiques out of the way first:
1) It had an impressive ensemble cast (including Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons, Amy Adams, and Gal Gadot), of which it could have made more effective use.
2) It was reasonably entertaining, but the plot was choppy, requiring too much prior knowledge of the characters from DC Comics, especially Aquaman, the Flash, and Cyborg. I had to watch the extras to make sense of the sequence in which these additional characters are introduced.
3) I wish the screenwriting had been better (see 2). Some bits of dialogue made me wince.
4) Some of the action sequences seemed choreographed and unconvincing. Others were quite good.
5) To my sixty-three-year-old eyes (which remember the Silver Age…
View original post 367 more words