HALLOWSTIDE played to rave reviews at the September 2018 Under 5 Minute Film Festival in Toronto.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Steve Socki: Want to create moving paintings with visual interest.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Compositing thousands of layers in After Effects
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Fascinating to hear variety of experiences.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
Visual development developed from watercolor sketches of tidepools. Inspiration and spark from poetry of Wallace Stevens. Visual motion from teaching…
View original post 134 more words