Watch 140 Character Short Story – WALK IN READING:
Get to know writer Navkirat Sodhi:
1) What is your very short story about?
A young boy quarrels with his mother when she refuses to let him go into the forest alone, saying that she can give him the reason after he is sixteen. Deeply cross with her, he escapes one night and decides to disobey her. After a few hours into the forest is when he sees a lady, or so he thinks. ‘Walk in Reading’ is in a way about the fear of treading alone on a very forbidden path.
2) What motivated you to write this story and submit it to the festival?
3) What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Notting Hill, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Mr India
4) How many scripts and stories have you written?
Ten or thereabouts and a couple more are in progress. I’ve published two collections of poetry too.
5) What artists would you love to work with?
Tim Burton, Eiko Ishioka (would have loved to), Amanda Seyfried, Thierry Mugler and everyone behind Game of Thrones.
6) What is your passion in life?
To search irrespective of finding. And noodles.
7) Any tips for other writers who want to write a 140 character short story?
For this, I’d like to borrow T.S. Eliot for a second. He perhaps unknowingly left behind the best tip for stories so short: “I will show you fear in a handful of dust”.
* * * * *
The 140 Character Short Story Festival. Submit your own for FREE and get it made into a movie:
Deadline: SHORT STORY Festival. Get your story performed at the Writing Festival. FULL FEEDBACK on all entries.
WATCH the Recent Winning Short Story/1st Chapter Readings: