Watch the 1st Chapter Novel Reading of THE SZGANY CHRONICLES: THE UNTOLD TALES OF DRACULA
Novel performed by Mark Sparks
Get to know winning writer David John Roberts III:
1. What is your novel about?
My novel is a sequel to Bram Stoker’s “Dracula.” It is the fictional account of Dracula’s reconstitution after he was thought to be destroyed by the vampire hunters.
2. Why should people read your novel?
My novel is action-filled, suspenseful and includes rich, well-rounded characters with interesting conflicts.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
I’ve been writing for several years.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Angels in America
5. What artists would you love to work with?
All deceased. Salvador Dali, Michelangelo.
6. How many stories have you written?
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Exactly where I am right now with a couple of novels under my belt.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I try to write daily even when inspiration falters. I like to write electronically.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival?
I wanted to see what interest there might be in my novel.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write with honesty and passion. Write every day whether you feel like it or not.
* * * * *
DEADLINE: 1st CHAPTER/FULL NOVEL Festival. FULL FEEDBACK. Get novel performed by professional actors
Get your story performed at the Writing Festival. FULL FEEDBACK on all entries.
WATCH the Recent Winning Short Story/1st Chapter Readings: