Watch RED STORM Chapter 1 Reading:
Reading performed by actor Geoff Mays
Get to know writer Thom Tate:
1. What is your novel about?
It’s about a man so obsessed with becoming the wealthiest man alive, he’s willing to destroy the planet in order to do so. Blake MacKay, clandestine agent for the CIA has to stop him.
2. Why should this novel be read by all?
It’s an enjoyable and entertaining short read. It’s a great introduction to the spy thriller genre for those that haven’t read in that genre before.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
About 4 years
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Probably “Predator” or “Braveheart”
5. What motivated you to write this novel?
An episode of “Conspiracy Theory” talked about the HAARP program the US has up in Alaska.
6. How many stories have you written?
I’ve written five Novellas and one full length novel. All the Novellas are available on Amazon.com and my novel “Spear Garden” is going through its final rewrite.
7. What obstacles did you face to get your novel completed?
Time. I work full time, coach my daughter’s Lacrosse team, play on another, be father and husband to my wife and two girls.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
Once I have an idea, I semi plot it out in my head and just start writing. The rest comes to me as I write. There are, of course, many changes once the rewrite starts.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m a car guy. I love cars. I still have my first car, one my father bought when I was almost three. I am really hoping to get a full restomod done on it one day.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival?
I want as many opinions as I can get. Also, it gets my name out there.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Have thick skin. Get as many critiques of your work as you can. Critique other writers work. There are several great sites like critique circle or scribophile where you can post your work and read others. Never stop learning and never stop writing.
* * * * *
DEADLINE: 1st CHAPTER/FULL NOVEL Festival. FULL FEEDBACK. Get novel performed by professional actors
Get your story performed at the Writing Festival. FULL FEEDBACK on all entries.
WATCH the Recent Winning Short Story/1st Chapter Readings: