Watch TWO Poetry Performance Readings by Gloria D. Gonsalves.
Poetry Performed by actress Maya Woloszyn
Watch BLOOD! Poetry Reading:
Watch FOREVER NOT YOURS Poetry Reading:
Get to know poet Gloria D. Gonsalves:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme of my poems is common truths about being human. My poetry expresses what I was feeling, thinking, or going through during my writing whether at personal or global level.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
– Some people find poetry not easy. I hope with this poetry reading every listener will get a meaningful message without the hindrance of metaphors.
– The listener will not shy away from truths and as a result get provoked to take action to better themselves and well-being of others.
– Have courage to be kind to yourself and others regardless of darkly pits that life brings.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
Since 2005 whereby I blogged my poetry. Thereafter, I continued as a published author of poetry and tales for adult and children. I am also a contributing author/poet to online magazines, platforms and journals including When Women Waken Journal, Naturewriting.com, Kalahari Review and Sibyl Magazine.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
Maya Angelou and Shaaban bin Robert are my personal spiritual mentors. Otherwise I am open-minded to read anyone.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I like the idea of using different media channels to portray my work, especially because I don’t enjoy making public appearances. Last year I ventured into making trailers for all of my published books and I enjoyed the process of collaborating and sharing skills. Then spontaneously I searched online for audio poetry submissions and came across WILDsound. When I saw their performances I thought, why not co-share the skill of writing and performing with someone else?
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes, I have published books for children adults. The adult books include I am Tausi, a memoir, and The Wisdom Huntress: Anthology of Thoughts and Narrations, as well as two books of poetry: “MAHABA” Prints in My Heart and Mists of Sense Require Fierce Poesy, my latest work. The children’s books, illustrated by children with parental consent, include Danloria: The Secret Forest of Germania, a children’s fable; Swahili Folklore: A Compilation of Animal Facts, Folktales, Nursery Rhymes and Songs, and Diamonds Forever, a book of poetry.
7) What is your passion in life?
Writing poetry and tales for children and adults.
Gloria is devoted to writing poetry and tales for children and adults. Her literary works aim to support humanitarian projects and inspire creativity in others, especially children. Not just a writer, Gloria is a creative promoter for writing itself: She has founded World Children’s Poetry Day (WoChiPoDa), an initiative aimed at instilling the love of poetry in young people. Gloria is from Tanzania, has lived in Ireland and currently resides with her husband in Koenigswinter, Germany.
World Children’s Poetry Day (WoChiPoDa): http://www.wochipoda.com
* * * * *
Deadline: FREE POETRY Festival – Get your poem made into a MOVIE and seen by 1000s. Three options to submit:
WATCH this month’s poetry readings performed by professional actors: