Watch the Poetry Reading of MY HOME AUSTRALIA:
Performed by actress Val Cole
Get to know poet David J. Delaney:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
Theme is Australia, it’s people & the land.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
I hope it inspires them to write about their love of their country & search my collections.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I only started writing in 2007, I never completed school leaving 3 months into grade 8.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
I have so many but, Henry Lawson & Banjo Paterson would come close to favourites.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
It is always an experience to hear someone else perform your poems & I like the way WILDsound handle their projects.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes, I also write short stories & have had a few high placed winners.
7) What is your passion in life?
Touring Australia & of course writing poetry about our wonderful land for the masses to enjoy.