Watch VIDEO PITCH for Helpful: A Story About Tragedy, Injustice and Finding Hope:
Get to know writer Claire Nana M.A.:
1. What is your story about?
HELPFUL is a transformational memoir about a young woman searching for the truth behind her father’s murder when suddenly she is implicated in the crime.
2. Why should people know this story?
Reading HELPFUL will remind you that we are all capable of more than we ever give ourselves credit for.
3. How would you describe this story in just two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
I am a complete sucker for underdog stories– especially true ones. I have watched Seabiscuit more times than I should be allowed to admit here.
5. How long have you been working on this story?
In many ways, I have been writing HELPFUL my whole life, but in a literal form, for the last six years.
6. How many stories have you written?
I have written three other books — which are in the nonfiction, self-help genre.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
My story, unfortunately, had been told by the media before I, or my father, ever had a chance to. For me writing HELPFUL was a way to put my words to my story. And because, I seldom spoke to the media, my story — which was starkly different from what had been reported — I hope revealed many truths about murders, family ties, and the ultimate power of hope — even if against the odds.
8. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am a passionate equestrian, competing in dressage competitions regularly, with my horse Dutch Sporthorse “Salut” (aka: “The Unicorn”).
9. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Make your skin thick and your resolve thicker.
LEVERAGE: The Science Of Turning Setbacks Into Springboards
Or purchase the book at:
* * * * *
Deadline: VIDEO PITCH FESTIVAL – Submit your LOGLINE/STORY PITCH and we’ll make it into a movie: