Old Choctaw – Sean Ballantyne
NARRATOR (VO) – Victoria Urquhart
Narration – Julie C. Sheppard
Bass – Geoff Mays
Clerk – Hugh Ritchie
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
BASS REEVES, U.S. Marshall is the dynamic true story of a Civil War slave that evolved from his brutal existence to becoming the first black U.S.
Marshall working under the hanging judge, Isaac Parker, This bold screenplay is a biography, adventure film noir set in the American Midwest with compelling spectator elements of; action, a bold hero, raw real life, and survival. This is an adventure that excels like the screenplays: 12 Years a Slave, True Grit and Django and has an A-list director that wants to direct if needed.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
– Biography, Action, and Adventure
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
– The bold starring character in this screenplay is a true unsung American hero that deserves recognition for his brave deeds and service to his country. This story is one of those low budget rare stories that will deliver at the box office.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
– Rare and Dynamic.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
– The latest True Grit.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
– Two years.
7. How many stories have you written?
– Fifty +.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
– Born to be Wild,
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
No obstacles, it flowed as if it was meant to be written. The obstacle was in getting people to review it.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
– Learning more about making quality interesting TV and feature films.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox