1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme of this poem is how to turn disappointment into something useful for myself, how to transform that deadly blow into art.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
I was not long-listed for the New Zealand book awards which I expected, although I later won best first novel. It seemed that all my work and hopes and dreams were for nothing.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I have seriously been writing poetry for about 15 years.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would
Michael Ondaatje. He’s such a wonderful writer, he comforts and inspires me.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a
I want to take my poetry out into the world beyond the confines of my small country…
View original post 354 more words