Watch the Poetry Reading SIX DAYS A WEEK:
Poem read by actor Jason Martorino
Reading interview with poet David J Roberts III:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The poem deals with family and the longing for family and how sometimes that longing is not fully satisfied. And knowing that there was “something missing” is often not realized until adulthood and there is no way to change the past.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
Readers should attempt to identify with the speaker and feel his/her longing for intimacy. Ideally, the reader would connect with that longing and that passion for family intimacy.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I have been writing poetry for over forty years. Not that I am retired, I have more time to devote to my writing.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
I have several but among the most favorite are Emily Dickinson and e. e. cummings.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I did not know about WILDsound until I saw an ad on Facebook. I decided to try to submit some of my work there to see if there was an interest. I hope some of that interest might result in publishing my work.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I have submitted the first few chapters on my novel to WILDsound and I am also working on a script.
7) What is your passion in life?
The theatre! I am a theatre critic and love the theatre. I am also passionate about reading and writing.
* * * * *
Deadline TODAY for POETRY Festival – Get your poem made into a MOVIE and seen by 1000s. Three options to submit:
WATCH this month’s poetry readings performed by professional actors:
Reblogged this on WILDsound Writing and Film Festival Review.