Watch the Poetry Reading of HER NAME IS ALSO – WOMAN!:
Poetry Read by Becky Shrimpton
1) What is the theme of your poem?
ANSWER BY DEEPAK MENON:- The poem explores the “Enigma” that is known as “Woman”, the silent giant cradling all that is emotional in the world because I think that women have emotionally evolved to a much metaphysical & spiritual, as well as a higher material plane than men.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
ANSWER BY DEEPAK MENON:- I think people regardless of age, religion or race should exult when they read this poem! It shows a far broader canvass of emotions than what we are used to as we often remain in our little pond and see the world as well as women in our own parochial perspectives
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
ANSWER BY DEEPAK MENON:- Oh I have been writing little thoughts and rhymes on little scraps of paper, stubs of cigarette packets and what not ever since I can remember. It is only now that I am in the process of compiling my poems into proper poetry books. I have published two so far – “All Pure – Poems of Passion – a tribute to Omar Khayyam” which is a slim volume of 200 structured classical metered quatrains and another Volume of Longer structured poems “What Worth My Tomorrows” where I have written poems of different structures touching a variety of topics. All my books are published on Amazon worldwide.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
ANSWER BY DEEPAK MENON:- Oh! That is such a difficult question to answer. Each poet is amazing in his or her own way. I love them all Alfred Lord Tennyson,Omar Khayyam, William Wordsworth,Kalidas, Rabindra Nath Tagore, Robert Frost, Edward Fitzgerald, William Blake and so so many more. I think my poems are entirely different from the poems of these great poets, though structure will be relatively uniform since I prefer to write structured Poetry and not Blank Verse.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
ANSWER BY DEEPAK MENON I suppose I am always guided by the hand of destiny which has bestowed me with many interests, of which the one that touches my heart is poetry.WILDsound was also probably created by the hand of destiny and I am blessed to have chanced upon your wonderful initiative. I am sure that all of you as well as the professionals connected to WILDsound have tender chords in their hearts and thank you for being with me.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
ANSWER BY DEEPAK MENON :- I write across genres and have already written and published other books besides the two books of poetry
Other published works
1. I have written three Fairytale Books for people of all ages in the series “Tales of the Booga Dooga Land” one of which is a Readers Favorite Award winner
2. I have written an Epic 336 page Science Fiction Novel “Skymerge” of Interstellar Space Travel and Adventure
3. I am following it up with another Science Fiction Novel which I think will be completed and published in the next month
Short Stories : I write short stories too – one of my short stories is the 2014 Winner of the Short Story Contest conducted by the PnP Authors and has been published in their Anthology 2014
7) What is your passion in life?
ANSWER BY DEEPAK MENON :- That is a simple question. My passion in life is just “Love and Laughter”. My own website domain: http://www.lovelaughter.net/
* * * * *
Deadline: FREE POETRY Festival – Get your poem made into a MOVIE and seen by 1000s. Three options to submit:
WATCH this month’s poetry readings performed by professional actors: