Watch the 140 Character Short Story: DRINKING GAME:
Story read by actress Maya Woloszyn
Get to know writer Helen Freeman:
1) What is your very short story about?
My short story is about two friends sitting and talking and deciding who annoys them the most. They decide to start a list and title it, “People I Want to Punch in the Face”.
2) What motivated you to write this story and submit it to the festival?
I have been toying with this idea for a while, and found that keeping anything to 140 characters was quite difficult. I also just wanted to see how it would be received.
3) What movie have you seen the most in your life?
That would be hard to say. One of my favorites is “Forrest Gump” , “Gone With the Wind”; and I thought “Boyhood” was brilliant.
4) How many scripts and stories have you written?
I have written many stories. I write constantly, and am working on my first novel. I have not written any scripts.
5) What artists would you love to work with?
Jen Lancaster, David Sedaris; Kate DiCamillo
6) What is your passion in life?
Writing and Reading
7) Any tips for other writers who want to write a 140 character short story?
Keep minor details out of your story. Only use the most needed words.
* * * * *
FREE – TWITTER SHORT STORY FESTIVAL
Submit your 140 character story and have it performed by a professional actor