Watch the Video Pitch for CHILDREN WANT WHAT THEY WANT WHEN THEY WANT IT:
Get to know writer Carolyn Reese:
1. What is your story about?
It is about, What if space aliens were really in to Cosplay and traveled all the way to earth to take part in contents, even pregnant one about to give birth.
2. Why should people know about yourself and your story?
I went to my first Cosplay event in costume, last March and was so good nobody knew me. I was a bear. No, not that kind of bear. Just in time a friend came in from Arkansas on his knew Triumph and took me/us and paid my way in. He looks like a bear but isn’t.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
Since I was nine. My first story was about a page of one of those old Native American on the front red tablets and it was about how the sweet potato plant growing on a window sill in my third grade class would talk to me and told me it was worried about what would happen to it once we all left for summer vacation.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Toss up between the first Jurassic Park, Blade Runner and Cabaret with Liza Minnelli.
5. Who would you like to collaborate with on a creative project?
Ve Neil…I need her to design Werewolves for one of my scripts and zombies for another one.
6. What motivated you to write this story?
Seven feature length…counting the shorts 12 or more.
7. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
If I think up a good scene or dialogue…I write that scene or conversation right then regardless of where I eventually use it later.
8. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Living somewhere besides where I was born for a couple of years before I die. I have it narrowed down to Northern California [yep, even in the drought], Vancouver or Australia or maybe even one of the Scandinavian countries…
9. What influenced you to have your story made into a video pitch?
I have tried other ways to market them, maybe this will work.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
When I sell or option my first script, I will have volumes to speak.
* * * * *
Deadlines to Submit your Screenplay, Novel, Story, or Poem to the festival: http://www.wildsound.ca
Watch recent Writing Festival Videos. At least 15 winning videos a month: http://www.wildsoundfestival.com