Watch the Best Scene Script from CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM Spec:
Narrator – Becky Shrimpton
Larry – Peter Nelson
Leon – Peter Bent
Ms. Kotchery – Michelle Lecky
Patricia – Mandy Mclean
Get to know writer Chris Agnew:
1. What is your TV Curb Your Enthusiasm spec script about?
Larry takes exception to a speed bump installed in his community by a power hungry English Lady. A visit from his nephew complicates things as his rivalries become intermingled with Leon.
2. Why does this script fit into the context of the show?
Annoying societal things and people conspiring to bring Larry down.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
I started writing a year and a half ago.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, I must have watched it at least 20 times in college. I still laugh like a madman everytime.
5. What artists would you love to work with?
Larry David, Ricky Gervais, Johnny Dep, Jim Carey, Martin Scorsese, Jack Nicholson, Dave Chappelle, Will Ferrell, Chris Rock, Kate McKinnon, Bill Burr, Zack Woods, Anthony Atamanuik.
6. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
I’ve written a pilot, a spec, a full length, two short films, 30 or so sketches and 10 or so short stories.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Making films and tv with great people that inspire and make people laugh till they cry.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I study similar things that have been made, try to copy their approach in a number of ways, make a few tweeks, then brainstorm, structure, brainstorm, structure, write, rewrite. If something isn’t working, move on and come back.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Friends, traveling, snowboard, bball, surf and would like to start a nonprofit in the future.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival?
Quick feedback for a contest and unique chance for a reading of material.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
I really need all the advice I can get. Copy the best, I learned infinitely more from studying Curb than any book or class. Study the thing you want to make.
* * * * *
DEADLINE: Submit your best scene from your screenplay. Have it performed using professional actors:
WATCH the past best scene readings and see what happens when you submit: