Cynthia: Lara Amersey
Narrator: Hugh Ritchie
Addie Mae: Alicia Payne
Denise: Georgia Grant
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in 1963 in Birmingham,
Alabama; one of the meteors of the civil rights movement in America.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s a compelling story with memorable characters and intelligent dialogue.
Moreover, it’s a historically important subject in American history and the
civil rights struggle during the mid-1960s.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Originally for a month; but it’s been rewritten a few times.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Can’t think of one right now.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I wanted a copy of the court transcripts for the real Dynamite Bob Chambliss
trial. That took some searching to locate before I found what I needed.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I enjoy my relationship with my wife, good dining and playing drums.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
Very good and I’m happy with Film Freeway.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
The Wildsound Festival has a good reputation, they provide thoughtful and
useful feedback about the work and they do a nice job with providing actors
to do the read through videos. A big thumbs up from me!
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox