Watch the Reading of UNLIKELY ANGELS by Anne Nemes:
NARRATOR – Charles Gordon
PETE – Rob Salerno
MIKE – Jerald Bezener
MARGOT – Julie Burris
Get to know writer Anne Nemes:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Its a story of a corrupt cop who has his life upended when he meets a strong and independent woman – and finds himself haunted by the ghost of the young man he killed.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It is a fun and moving play. The combination of elements should have something that appeals to everyone, and possibly make people consider their own lives.
3. This best scene has a lot going for it. It’s funny. It’s sexy. It’s supernatural! How would you describe this script in one sentence?
It is an emotional roller coaster ride as the lives of a bitter middle-aged man, a hardened teenage street punk, and a five-foot tall lady Taekwondo instructor entwine on the streets of Brooklyn .
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
I am an avid movie fan. My favorites involve the imagination, whether sci fi, supernatural or fantasy.
5. This is a very tight, emotionally engaging and fun screenplay. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I actually wrote the script twenty-two years ago. Then I got involved in college, then tech school and a new career so I didn’t really have the time to work on it further. I am recently retired now, and decided it was time to finish it.
6. How many stories have you written?
Mostly compositions and research papers in college.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
My life. Mike is actually a combination of my husband and I. Me in that I spent a good part of my life trying to be what everyone else wanted me to be and it nearly ended me. My husband, in that he was raised in the old world ways. Gabrielle, the five-foot tall Taekwondo instructor is me, except for the street fights and dead husband. Most of what she says and does is me speaking from experience. I hoped that if I could get my message in a movie, maybe it could help others.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I haven’t had any formal training in script writing, so turning my story into a professional level screenplay was my greatest challenge.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Pretty much anything creative or inventive.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write from your heart.