“A depressed used-car dealer tries to convince a motorist, who every night runs over wounded animals, to also run him over”
Jeep: Kelci Stephenson
Narrator: Val Cole
Volvo: James Dooley
Ford: Gary Graham
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
“We often hear that it´s better to knock down an animal than to attempt an emergency stop”
FORD one of the characters, runs over wounded animals every night. One night he meets VOLVO, a depressed used car dealer, who tries to convince to also run him over. JEEP The last characte, also considers to help FORD.
“Joy in driving comes from the person behind the wheel. Give way, wave on, drive smoothly”
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Absurd, road movie.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The idea is original. The story is beautiful, tragic and funny at the same time.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
“Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” Charlie Kaufman
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About a year. I started working on the script in NYC. During a reading of one of my scripts.
7. How many stories have you written?
A Lot! I write scripts for theatres as well. Some of my scripts are supported by “The Danish Arts Foundation”
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“Mercy seat” Nick Cave.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I guess I always think it´s a little difficult to write the ending.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Literature, My kids, Music…
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I don´t know it very well, but so far it works great!
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
I thought it was a great opportunity, to get connected to some collaboraters. I was exited, and I´m looking forward to see what´s going to happen next…
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Op: Mary Cox