Genre: Mystery, Suspense
If all the world’s a stage, who’s behind the curtain?
TV Commentator: James Dooley
Max: Gary Graham
Narrator: Val Cole
Nadia: Kelci Stephenson
Ethan: John Fray
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
The mother of all conspiracies
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Political thriller / Murder Mystery / Drama
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s timely and eerily relevant
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I have eclectic taste in films and love a good story, no matter the genre – from indie to blockbuster. BUT, if I’m being completely honest, I have to confess that I’ve watched FOUL PLAY more times than any other movie. (Mainly because I’ve introduced it to so many girl friends over the years.) I mean, what’s not to love about this mostly comedic, multigenre classic, starring Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase?! It has a bit of everything – rom-com, girl power, murder mystery, political thriller, and slapstick comedy. A modern equivalent might be KNIGHT and DAY, with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. I have to believe the writer(s) were inspired by FOUL PLAY. – You can even hear the fun title pun!
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I wrote the short film script a few years a back…but it was a little ahead of its time, so I filed it away, until a good friend encouraged me to submit it.
7. How many stories have you written?
Too many to remember.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Tough question! I love so many styles of music – from classic rock to hip-hop, pop to bebop, and almost everything in between. BUT, I was so obsessed with Stevie Nicks’ vocal on DREAMS as a child, that I actually amputated the arm of my Mickey Mouse stereo – by playing it over, and over, and over… . 🙂
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Attracting a producer
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
ALL THE ARTS, social justice, history’s hidden mysteries…salsa dancing, and every roller sport.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Intuitive and easy to navigate interface
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Op: Mary Cox