Watch the March 2016 Winning Best Scene Reading
THE HOOPLA Best Scene Reading:
Get to know writer Thomas Nesti:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Love and the world’s last movie theater.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It breaks the rules. *audience oohs*
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
6. How many stories have you written?
Really only one that I keep changing.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
This one time the computer froze. #firstworldproblems
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Fitness and lying on questionnaires.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
WildSound offers more than most festivals and is very Canadian – accepting, honest, and encouraging. I hear they even give brownies to the actors.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
– Whenever possible, have your final confrontation in a hall of funhouse mirrors.
– You need at least one dance and/or rap battle.
– Have them lose their cell phones – no one wants to watch people text their way out of problems.
– Set it in a fake city so you don’t piss anyone off
– Try not to climax too early.
Producer/Director: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson