Watch the Full Performance Reading of ORIGINS:
NARRATOR – Angelica Alejandro
DRAGOLA – Craig Estrella
CAPTAIN STIBOR – Steve Rizzo
GORGIAS – David Occhipinti
LONDO – Sean Ballantyne
KIERAN – Holly Sarchfield
Get to know winning writer Michael Panek:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A small group of civilans and scientist flee their homeworld after an alien invasion, and take refuge on Earth.
2. Why should this script be made into a movie?
This script deals with Aliens and vampires, who doesn’t love Aliens and Vampires.
3. How long have you been writing stories?
I have been writing stories off an on for several years, a few years ago, i thought a movie would be a cool project.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The movie ive seen the most of, would have to be Star Trek, and Star Wars. But it was Farscape that sparked my imagination.
5. What artists would you love to work with?
Ben Browder, from Farscape, i think of him as the brother i never had. Big fan.
6. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
I have written mostly short stories with no success, this is my first full length screenplay.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Ideally, id like to be an extra in films and an advisor or mentor for other aspiring writers.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I don’t have a routine or process, i just make notes of ideas and thoughts that i have, then i put them into sentences that work.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Apart from writing, my other passions are, Enviromental issues, and Astronomy.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival?
I’ve known about Wildsound Festival for some time, i haven’t had much luck with other festivals, and had thrown in the towel, but with your judges feedback on entries, i thought it would be nice to see what kind of feedback i would get, to see if i should keep going or call it quits, this was a big surprise for me, i know i’m still a work in progress, but the potential is there to be one of the greats.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
My advice to other writers is to follow your passion, don’t get discouraged, there will be setbacks, highs and lows, you have to try, don’t ever give up.
* * * * *
Deadline TODAY: FEATURE Screenplay Festival – Get FULL FEEDBACK. Get script performed by professional actors
Watch WINNING Screenplay Readings – Watch videos of past winners performed by professional actors
READ 100s of testimonials from past submitters –