Watch LILLIAN ON SUNDAY Short Story:
Short Story performed by actor Val Cole
Get to know writer Lionel Walfish:
1. What is your short story about?
Loneliness and delusion.
2. Why should this story be read by people?
Recognition of human frailties.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
Unfulfilled longings .
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Alfred Hitchcock’s ‘Strangers on a Train’.
5. How long have you been working on this story?
Two hour draft, three hour refining .
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
‘You Can’t Go Home Again’ – Thomas Wolfe.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
Most of my very short stories involve personality issues.
8. What artist would you love to have dinner with?
If he were still alive, Charles Dickens.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Theatre, dance and opera.
10. What influenced you to enter the Short Story Festival?
For my short stories, the Short Story Festival at ‘Wildsound’ is a wonderful venue!
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Keep writing…..and write some more !