|Best Scene from the screenplay WHO KILLED HONOR BRIGHT Screenplay
Written by Patricia Hughes
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, History, Biography, Action
In 1925 Honor Bright’s murder set Dublin on fire.
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Answers to old riddles: who was my father’s father? Why was my
grandmother murdered and who killed her? Why was Yeats so ill and
depressed from 1925 onwards?
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
It’s been called a thriller, espionage, crime, or murder novel. It’s also a story about love, Irish history, and William Butler Yeats’s up-dated biography.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This true story is a blockbuster – and it’s never been told before.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
Fast moving; unforgettable.
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy; both versions are brilliant.
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Nine months – the book took me two years – or eleven if you include the
6. How many stories have you written?
Five stories, all non-fiction. Truth is stranger than fiction.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
Finding answers to riddles about my father’s family and my grandmother – and clear her name, we always knew she wasn’t a prostitute. When I found out the truth I wanted to tell the whole world.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Putting the right words into the mouths of the characters. As far as possible they speak their own words.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Cooking, travel, dancing, music and wine. And people to enjoy them with.
10. What advice to you have for other writers?
Everybody’s different, and you are as good as everybody else.
Producer/Director: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
|SUBMIT your Best Scene Screenplay or TV SPEC Script
Voted #1 TV Contest in North America.
|SUBMIT your Best Scene Screenplay or FEATURE Script
FULL FEEDBACK on all entries. Get your script performed
|FIRST SCENE (first 10pgs) Screenplay CONTEST
Submit the first stages of your film and get full feedback!