Watch the December 2015 Winning Short Script Table Reading
Watch ON THREE:
NARRATOR – Becky Shrimpton
TODD – Adam Martignetti
CRAIG – Devin Upham
CAPTAIN WEINSTEIN – Allan Michael Brunet
GRACE – Lauren Toffan
Get to know writer Ed Vassie:
1. What is your screenplay about?
An overworked detective whose work has invaded his home life in the most catastrophic way possible.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s an edge of the seat thriller that’ll give a young director the opportunity to make a short film that will stay with the audience long after viewing.
3. This story has a lot going for it. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Rear Window – although that is quickly being caught by Mad Max: Fury Road.
5. This is a very tight, emotionally engaging and fun screenplay. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A month from idea to final draft.
6. How many stories have you written?
This is my second finalised short script. I’ve written a TV pilot and the first draft of a feature screenplay. I’m constantly re-writing.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
A boring dinner party.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Time and my day job. I made sure I spent an hour a day writing, even if what I wrote was crap.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Photography and comic books.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
My experience with my first winning short, “How It Starts”.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write every day, even if it’s just for an hour and even if you think what you’ve written is no good.
* * * * *
Deadline: Screenplay Festival – Get FULL FEEDBACK. Get script performed by professional actors
Reblogged this on Crime/Mystery Film & Writing Festival.
Reblogged this on Action/Adventure Film & Screenplay Festival.
Reblogged this on Festival for HORROR.
Reblogged this on Festival Reviews.
Reblogged this on Thriller/Suspense Film and Writing Festival.