Watch SILICON VALLEY “Network It” Season 2 Episode 2.5:
NARRATOR – Holly Sarchfield
RICHARD – Geoff Mays
JARED/GILFOYLE – Jarrid Terrell
DINESH – David Occhipinti
MONICA – Christina Santos
ERLICH – Sean Ballantyne
MARISSA – Lorry Ayers
Get to know writer Jennifer McAuliffe:
1. What is your TV Spec Screenplay for the TV show “Silicon Valley” about?
This spec script is about how Richard and the Pied Piper team try to dig their way out of the recent bad luck with funding, by raising their profile and networking.
2. Why does this screenplay fit into the context of the show?
The screenplay follows on directly from episode 2 of the second season and presents a plausible direction for the characters across all major and minor ongoing story arcs.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Evenly split between Wayne’s World/Requiem for a Dream/Alice in Wonderland (Disney cartoon version)
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About 3-4 months
6. How many stories have you written?
I am always writing stories – in my head and on paper, so quite a lot!
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
Silicon Valley got me excited about comedy again. The characters are great and I wanted to be a part of it – so I thought why not try and write about it!
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I struggled a bit with interpreting feedback and the more major restructuring.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
TV and movies, all things arts/culture, surfing and the ocean, dogs, nature, RPG games, lots of sport and Diet Coke
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I hadn’t applied myself and committed to writing anything since my university days and WILDsound seemed a great way to learn, receive feedback and to find my place again in the writing sphere.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write what you love and about characters and things you are passionate about. It’s the best way to get an authentic voice.
* * * * *
Deadline: TV PILOT/SPEC Script Festival – Get FULL FEEDBACK. Get script performed by professional actors
Watch WINNING TV PILOT Screenplay Readings
Watch WINNING TV SPEC Screenplay Readings
READ 100s of testimonials for past submitters –
TV Screenplay Testimonials from the WILDsound Festival