Watch the Short Script Reading: WALK WITH THE DEVIL:
NARRATOR – Sean Ballantyne
OFELIA – Victoria Kucher
JULIET – Marsha Mason
RAMONA – Lorry Ayers
DON ANTONIO – Allan Brunet
PINCERS – Dan Cristofori
JULIET – Adam Martignetti
GOON – Geoff Mays
Get to know writer Alison C. Hall:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Walk with the Devil is a supernatural drama in which a young sex slave must choose between kidnapping a girl for her pimp or suffer his vicious abuse — all the while fully aware of the Devil’s eyes on her, waiting for her fall.
2. Why should this script be made into a movie?
The script should be made into a movie because it presents a universal moral dilemma (i.e. using others for one’s own interests), an unusual female character as protagonist (an abused prostitute) and it has a unique setting (a Sicilian Baroque town where reality and supernatural elements intertwine to tell a story of heroic self-sacrifice).
3. How long have you been writing stories?
I’ve been writing stories for five years now.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The movie I’ve seen most in my life is the family/adventure “The Goonies.”
5. What artists would you love to work with?
I’d love to work with Tim Burton, Chris Columbus, Ted Elliot, Jennifer Lee, Terry Rossio and Steven Spielberg.
6. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
I’ve written three shorts and two feature-length scripts.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
What motivated me to write Walk with the Devil is my fascination for the suggestive and grotesque Sicilian Baroque, the use of active female main characters and the moral dilemmas that are sparked by the desire to survive versus one’s moral duty towards others.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I always start my writing process by knowing my story’s ending, which usually embodies the story’s theme; I’ll then reverse-engineer the plot points in order to have a cause-and-effect main plot line while ensuring it supports the theme. Because there are countless ways of how a plot line can develop, I’ll brainstorm several by taking into account my main characters’ goals.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about reading myths, legends, and world literature.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival?
I loved how professionally other scripts were performed on WILDsound and wanted to have my script read as well.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
My biggest advice is to outline any script before writing it. It’s an essential tool to work out all the story issues before committing to one hundred and plus pages of script.
DEADLINE: SHORT Screenplay Contest Festival SAVE $10 – FULL FEEDBACK. Get script performed at festival (winner every month)
Watch Recent Winning Short Screenplay Readings:
Read Recent Testimonials about the Short Screenplay Festival:
– Get FULL FEEDBACK on your script. Winners get their script performed by professional actors at the Writing Festival!