Watch DEATH DON’T US PART, Feature Script Reading:
NARRATOR – Fran Townend
CHARLEY – Bubba
EMMA – Jane Smythe
DINA – Kiran Friesen
ROSCOE/NAPOLEAN – Peter Nelson
HELEN – Becky Shrimpton
STEVE – Sean Ballantyne
Get to know writer Olaf Baumann:
1. What is your screenplay about?
It is about the quest for true love and the intricacies of being dead.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
People deserve a good laugh. Times are hard enough.
3. This story has a lot going for it. It’s part Fantasy, part Comedy, part Musical, part Drama, part Romance. How would you describe this story in one sentence?
This barrage of “part genres” makes my head spin. Bottom line: It’s funny.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
To Be or Not To Be, 1942; written by Melchior Lengyel, Edwin Justus; directed by Ernst Lubitsch. This comedy is ground zero for the genre.
5. This is a very tight, emotionally engaging and fun screenplay. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I wrote the first word in 2012. Then it was a sleeping beauty for some time until I finished it (for now) in the spring of 2015.
6. How many stories have you written?
Lost count on the ideas and stories; 5 plays (2 produced); 8 screenplays. (all comedies)
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
I would like people to face their ghosts and laugh.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
There are a couple of first drafts on my shelf that all vie for attention. Sometimes it’s hard to decide which dream to wreck first.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
God loves ALL people. If your pastor, (rabbi, imam, etc.) tells you otherwise, find another church.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The prize. A table read is much more exciting than yet another copy of final draft.
The reviewer called my writing brilliant, and I didn’t have to bribe or blackmail him/her. That felt nice.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
If you’re not having fun it’s not worth it.
* * * * *
Deadline: FEATURE Screenplay Festival – Get FULL FEEDBACK. Get script performed by professional actors
Watch WINNING Screenplay Readings – Watch videos of past winners performed by professional actors
READ 100s of testimonials from past submitters –